Friday, September 4, 2009

Sweet September Surprise




A few weeks ago a friend and I each took one antique doll leg and committed to creating a piece of art using the leg. We agreed that we would send the completed projects to each other. Judy took the right leg to Massachusettes and I kept the left leg in Charlotte. I decided to alter an old heart box and attached the leg. I carefully filled the heart box with special treasures and shipped it off.




Today, I recieved a beautifully wrapped box from Judy. It was with much anticipation that I opened the package. What awaited me was a beautiful surprise. Judy attached the leg to a specially created altered box top. The colors are amazing and much to my delight she attached seven more legs. I call her creation All Legs. It is so sweet.



Her box also included several special items. A wonderful pink vintage angel,
antique lace, bronzed baby shoes, faithful pins and a beautiful rose. Our legs to each other grew like ocotopus legs. It was a sweet project and made completing the art so meaningful. I have found that when I create a card or a piece of art with someone special in mind it reminds me of whats makes them so dear to me.

Thank you dear Judy for this wonderful gift! We are seeing each other next week at the Brimfield antique show. I wonder what we will exchange next. An old necklace, cheese grater, doll head, spool of thread, vintage buttons.... oh the possibilities are endless.....

I am one happy girl!

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful- I love your leg projects, and how sweet is Judy? I think you should exchange a cheese grater next, that would be so interesting to see what you can create with that! Have fun at the Antique show... xoxo Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun projects and what a fun friend! You both did great with this ooh la leg.......oops I mean ooh la la challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Polly and Suzy! Judy and I have a new challenge... We will be creating pieces of art from old tobacco wrappers that we found in a cigar box in Brimfield. Maybe I will make a tobacco wrapper weaving or a paper dress for a doll or perhaps an altered tobacco book... as always... the possibilities are endless... Let me know if you would like to get in on the fun. I have plenty of wrappers.

    ReplyDelete