Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Girl and the Shoe


There once was a girl who had so many shoes she didn't know what to do....

That is a problem I have when I cannot pass up a good old fashioned shoe form. The question comes up... how many shoes do you need?? The answer....Plenty! They are beautiful to display but even better to use in an assemblage. To create this piece I once again pulled out my trusty old 1861 ledger book and took some pages to use in the umbrella and the little girl dress. I picked out an old paintbrush and I was ready to go.
When I was finished I was inspired by the colors and built another assemblage using an old spice rack and some of my favorite antique treasures. I used an old school clock as the base and my creations were ready to be displayed in my entryway.


















There once was a girl who had so many baby shoes she didn't know what to do...

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea and a darling project! Love her sweet little welcoming hello wave! The photos are perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Polly! It was a lot of fun to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shoe girl! Well I say you found plenty to do! Very cute, I love the use of the paintbrush, too! How fun, I came across some shoe molds when I was in Maine. $1.00 each. What??? I wanted to buy so many, but did not want the extra baggage. Hummm Well I bought two, And I don't know what to do!... You have given me many ideas! Thank you!
    And these cherries are FAbUlOUs!!! Double yum!

    ReplyDelete