Monday, October 5, 2009

Digital Collage


Today I spent the day putting together a digital collage. I was inspired by an article that I read in Color Magazine about the digital artist Maggie Taylor. I couldn't resist posting her work - Rather a Difficult Game Indeed. It is from her Alice and Wonderland series. She is amazing!
To get started I gathered all of the images that I wanted to use in my collage. I created a new picture using Corel Paint Shop Pro and placed all images in one place. I call this creation Collage Deconstructed. I then took those images and created a digital collage. Gathering the images, resizing, coloring and altering is the bulk of the work but very rewarding. I mixed all of the images together and made a new digital creation - The Good Boy.
It was a time consuming project but it gave me a good understanding of what goes into creating a Maggie Taylor Masterpiece.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sheila, this piece you created is indeed mystical! The colors and subject matter is brilliant. I do love the Maggie Taylor piece and admire your work just as much! Great work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete