Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tick-Tock an Altered Clock

Tick-tock, Tick-tock what can I do with an ordinary clock?
One day my friend and I were out "junking" and came across some wall clocks. There was a big pile of clocks to sort through. We each decided to purchase one for the grand amount of $1.98. I chose a round metal silver clock that I could alter. Yesterday I started to alter my clock. I pulled out my trusty old ledger paper, antique French book pages, a vintage children’s book, sari ribbon and an image of a little girl. I tore, folded and wrinkled my papers then glued them to the clock. I wrapped sari ribbon around the papers to hold them in place. I then pulled out my favorite Golden Paints and painted several layers over the top of my papers. The paint on top of the words added a very nice depth. As the frame was drying I worked on the clock face. I collaged, painted and then attached my very favorite little girl image. I added the words Looking Forward from the vintage children’s book. I am always looking forward to my next project so I was very pleased that I found those words. I now have a very less than ordinary clock hanging in my studio. Tick-tock, Tick-tock this is what I did with an ordinary clock.

8 comments:

  1. You've taken an ordinary clock & made it a thing of beauty..."Looking Forward" is an excellent thought to put on your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I would have bought one of those clocks, too. You are brilliant with the saying. It is so nice to always look forward to something. Especially something creative!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This clock is now magnificent thanks to your talented hand! True beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the nice comments! It was an ever changing design. I can't wait to see what Wan does with her $1.98 big round clock! I will be sure to post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing ~ what a brilliant idea! i love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice clock collection i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is amazing! Beautiful! I just got a clock to alter, and this is cool inspiration!

    ReplyDelete