Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Interesting August Creations

August brings us to the end of summer and wonderful warm memories. Trips across the Southeast, antiquing in Tennessee, an art retreat with my dear friends, vacationing in Pigeon Forge and creating unique art and vignettes. I have been inspired from Baltimore to Birmingham. Art and creativity are everywhere!


I have the good fortune to live in an area where old books, tools, fabrics and ephemera are in abundance. I have taken these items and managed to create some unique art pieces this summer.


Some of my August creations have used a mixture of old tins, microscope slides, antique ledger papers and toys from the past.



Unique assemblage has definately become a passion!






















What will September bring?

3 comments:

  1. I will follow your blog! This is so cool. You are inspired and it is contagious! I love your writing style, sister! Love and miss you, xoxo Suzy
    P.S. The doll you created is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog and pics - so lovely and I shall follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete