Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tiny Dancer


For weeks I had been imagining a tiny dancer poised on the tip of a flower. I could just picture a small dancer among very large flowers. One day I stopped imagining and I started creating. I pulled out my trusty Golden Paints and started painting. I watered down the paint to get drips and splatters and I liked the effect. I focused on the background and then worked on the dancer and the flowers. I especially liked painting the background. After the background was painted I could see where to put the flowers and where to put my tiny dancer.









She was so much fun to create that I couldn't stop. In business I have always started a project with "the end in mind". I knew what I wanted to accomplish. I had a goal to meet.





With my new series of paintings I didn't. I painted the backgrounds of several more canvases and let the drips, dots and splatters lead to the focus of the painting.
It was so much fun and a great way for me to take off the pressure of painting a specific image.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! And I love your comment. Isn't it great to get lost in creating art. Painting has a way of drawing you into it and making you lose yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie love this series of paintings - so much depth created in the backgrounds with the paints. Great work!

    ReplyDelete