Friday, December 11, 2009

December News

As the year quickly draws to a close I often find myself with my sketchbook drawing all sorts of new creations. I am anxious to get started on the work but time is limited until the new year.

I have been getting very involved at the Charlotte Art League. It is a wonderful organization that offers artists with studios to create and a nice enviroment charged with artistic energy. They also host a new show on the first Friday of every month in addition to several outreach programs that support the community. If you have the chance to visit please stop by and see the show, take a class, watch artists at work in their studios or volunteer to support the outreach programs.

I rented a studio space at the art league and had the opportunity to create in my new studio yesterday. I created three new pieces that are inspired by Alice in Wonderland.


It was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. My oh my what beauty you are creating! I love your new works of art! Happy birthday to you... I can tell you are going to have a wonderful new year ahead of you. Congrats on your new studio, you rock!
    xoxo Suzy

    ReplyDelete